Friday, January 23, 2009

What a Week!

No new pictures this week. The batteries died in the camera and I've just been too lazy to put new batteries in it.

Other than that, this week has been super stressful. On Monday I got a call from the kids' daycare and Carter had a fever so I had to go pick him up and take him home. So then of course on Tuesday I had to try to find someone to watch him so that I could go to work. He seemed to be getting better but by Wednesday morning his fever was over 102. So I took him to the doctor and it turned out that he has an ear infection (of which he showed no signs). He got some antibiotics and has been doing better but is still really cranky.

So then, of course, on Wednesday night Alexis started coughing a lot and was really congested. She woke up sounding terrible but quickly appeared more normal. Then last night after Carter finally went to sleep around 1:30am Alexis woke up just before 5am with a fever, heavily congested, and a headache. She was up until about 6am and then I got up shortly after to get ready for work. When the kids woke up they were just good enough to take to daycare.
As of tonight, the sickness continues.......

On a positive note, I had a great day at work today. I was able to take a spreadsheet that we use to generate the biggest variances from the budget throughout the hospital and automate the process. I had to run through this thing the other day and it took almost two hours to generate the data we needed. So I fixed it. It is now generated by the click of one button. That's it. A two hour process cut down to clicking one button. I love it. I had a ton of fun improving the process also!

2 comments:

Camille English said...

We have colds and earinfections at our house we're actually coming into week two of having them, good Luck. Just keep the humidifier running! It's great to see how good you all are doing (besides the colds of course).

GiGi said...

You are a trooper Mike! Sorry the kids are sick! I am glad that work is going good though. We miss you! We will call soon.

Sandy