Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Anticoagulation

I love my job! I have been working on an analysis that has to do with blood tests and managing risks of blood clots. So yesterday a coworker and I went and met with the lab manager to find out about the whole process and the costs that are involved. We were then introduced to the lady that specializes in the tests that measure the ratio and time for your blood to coagulate.

We learned a ton from the whole thing and even got our blood tested for free. It's just a simple little finger prick and within a couple minutes we had the results. So, it takes my blood 12.2 seconds to coagulate which is within the normal range. Anyway, after that visit to the lab I was able to put together a bunch of the pieces needed for the financial analysis and I also learned a lot in the process!

0 comments: